Ha! I’m not so sure if I deserve this award, after all, I’ve been acting more like Mr. Crabby than Spongebob as of late, but today has been a pretty good day. I opened the damn file and so far have three solid pages in which to work with. The majority of it is dialogue–go figure, but it’s good dialogue.
So, now I have to come up with ten things that make me happy. Wonder how long this will take me. haha!
- 1. My Guy: He’d beg to differ with you this week, but he’s my best-friend, my partner in crime, my soul mate and love of my life–even when his alter-ego who I like to refer to as ‘Mork’ comes out of hiding. Not to sound too cheesy, but he completes me.
2. My kids: Even on their worst days, I wouldn’t change a thing about any of them. The four of them are uniquely different and I keep checking for the gray hairs. L, with her beauty and grace–even though I didn’t give birth to her. B with his huge heart and ability to crack me up, K with her beauty and silliness, and J with his wackiness and lovability. I could go on and on about them and bore you to tears, but they really are four fantastic kids.
3. My friends: Where do I start? Anyone who puts up with my neurosis, my self-doubt and drama that seems to hold onto me with vice grips–I love you all. You deserve an award for putting up with me.
4. My family: This one is for the ones who have been there since day one or the ones who have been here for the last thirteen years. You are the ones that I love and adore, through the good and the bad. Some of you are my chosen family–the best ones, yet!
5. Writing: There are days when the words won’t come and there are days when writing is my only outlet. Whether it’s writing about the voices in my head or even sending an email, it’s the words on the page and getting them just so that makes me the happiest.
6. Odee: He’s my Shih-Ass. I can’t imagine life without him, even when he’s being all mellow-dramatic or piddles somewhere he shouldn’t. He’s not a cuddler, but he does give the best kisses and quick snuggles when you need it the most. Plus, he’s always happy to see me, unless I ask him if he wants a bath.
7. Singing in the Car: Yes, when you see me, I’m usually singing at the top of my lungs and off key. Ask me if I care, because, well, I don’t! *vbg*
8. Fires: Not the kind that the fire department have to put out, but campfires, in the fireplace…I love the smell of wood burning and how you smell after you’ve been around one. It’s a comfort to me.
9. Pictures: I love taking pictures and looking at ones from events. I’d have this entire place wallpapered in pictures if I could.
10. Getting Blog Awards. (Stealing this from Chelle and Jennifer) It’s nice to know that I’m thought of in these ways.